Services, By Appointment Only
Our Approach to Care
- At Old Bridge Acupuncture, we take a comprehensive and integrated approach to healthcare, combining both Eastern and Western Medical science. We strive to assess and treat the root of the problem with acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. Our founder and Board Certified acupuncturist and herbalist, Gregory Carey, MAcOM, Dipl. OM. (NCCAOM), L.Ac., will guide you through the acupuncture process with an experienced and heartfelt approach to your care.
- What is Acupuncture? Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used forms of medicine in the world. Originating in China more than 3,000 years ago, acupuncture is currently one of the most extensively researched, practiced, and respected forms of complementary medicine available anywhere.
- How does it work? Acupuncture works through the insertion of thin sterile metal needles at specific areas throughout the body. Acupuncture points are areas of the body that contain highly concentrated levels of nerve endings, lymphatics, and blood vessels. While insertion of a needle is relatively painless, it activates the nervous system, initiating a cascade of hormones and neurotransmitters that influence the body's own internal regulating systems, promoting health and healing.
What does acupuncture treat?
- Muscular, Skeletal and Neurological Disorders including: low back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, arthritis, joint pain, muscle aches and pains, numbness and tingling, injuries, headaches, migraine headaches, post-stroke conditions, multiple sclerosis.
- Headache Syndromes including Migraine, Tension, Cluster, Sinus Headache.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders including: indigestion, stomach and bowel pain, nausea and vomiting, colitis, diarrhea and constipation.
- Respiratory Disorders including sinusitis, sore throat, asthma and recurrent chest infections.
- Gynecological Disorders and Pregnancy Related Complaints including: heavy, irregular menstruation, menstrual cramps, PMS, menopausal complaints, endometriosis, infertility, morning sickness, edema, fatigue.
- Immune Disorders: Including chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sleep and Stress Disorders including tension, insomnia, stress, fatigue.
- Psychological Disorders including depression, anxiety, addictions.
- Supportive Therapy For Other Chronic Disorders including cancer, post-surgical recovery, HIV/AIDS.
- Visit us on Facebook for updates on current acupuncture research! (Click on Facebook Icon above)
- How Long is the Course of Treatment?
Old Bridge Acupuncture & Wellness has achieved successful treatment outcomes in sports medicine and rehabilitation, chronic pain, headache syndromes, pyscho-emotional disease, allergies, menopausal symptoms, infertility and gastro-intestinal complaints. Occasional maintenance treatment after initial series of acupuncture may be recommended.
Among other benefits, a landmark study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998 found that 75.4% of women suffering from breech presentations before childbirth had fetuses that rotated to the normal position after receiving moxibustion therapy.
- Gua Sha
- Herbal Medicine
Old Bridge Acupuncture and Wellness is proud to offer custom herbal formulations that will achieve optimal results for your unique situation. We prescribe high-quality and safe herbal medicines that are available only to qualified licensed professionals. Herbal formulas are available in easy to take forms such as pills, tablets, granules or liquids.
- Tongue Diagnosis
- Pulse Diagnosis
- Acupuncture Facial Renewal
- Reduced acne (caused by hormonal imbalance)
- Reduced scar tissue
- Improved collagen production and muscle tone
- Helps reduce bags and sagging tendencies
- Helps eliminate fine lines and diminish larger wrinkles
- Helps reduce double chin and lift drooping eyelids
- Improved metabolism
- Tightens pores and brightens eyes
- Increases local blood and lymph circulation
- Improved facial color
- Reduces stress and promotes total health and well-being