Services, By Appointment Only
- Old Bridge Acupuncture & Wellness is dedicated to providing you with a comprehensive, holistic approach to healing the mind, body and spirit. Old Bridge Acupuncture addresses both long term and short term illness with a compassionate and knowledgeable model of care. We expect that the care you receive will be among the best integrative care available. One of the things that sets us apart at Old Bridge Acupuncture & Wellness is the amount of personal attention devoted to the patient - together with expert care.
- Acupuncture Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used forms of medicine in the world. Specific points on the body are utilized to restore function and well being (Includes Electro- acupuncture and moxibustion). Our acupuncturist is an expert in treating both complex and simple presentations of disease. Please scroll down for a more inclusive list of conditions treated. Fun Fact: Age is not an issue when it comes to acupuncture; newborns to the young at heart are successfully treated by this fantastic medicine.
- Herbal Medicine Our highly trained and licensed herbalist offers a safe, effective and powerful alternative to pharmaceutical drugs for a variety of health conditions, including skin disease, gastro intestinal complaints, allergies, menopause and chronic fatigue, among others Our practitioner has directly apprenticed with world experts in herbal medicine. Let's talk herb quality for a moment. Where you get your herbal medicine matters. We use an herbal pharmacy in New York City, available by prescription only. Do you?
- Cupping Therapy Cupping therapy utilizes a small amount of suction on the surface of the skin to relieve musculo-skeletal stiffness and pain. Perfect for athletes, overuse injuries and restoring joint mobility. Many claim to offer cupping therapy nowadays, but are they highly trained? Our expert is, and more importantly, knows when and where to deploy cupping therapy.
- Gua Sha Gua Sha is a massage technique performed with a specialized tool that enhances circulation and regulates skin and muscle/ tendon systems. It has a great effect to relax tight muscles, soften tendons and to relieve upper respiratory disorders. Believe you may suffer from a connective tissue or tendon disorder? Ask our expert if Gua Sha is right for you. We'll seamlessly integrate it into your treatment plan.
- Acupuncture Facial Renewal A natural way to improve your complexion! Acupuncture stimulates connective tissue cells in your skin (fibroblasts) to produce collagen and improves circulation. The effect is a natural facial renewal that reduces wrinkles, scars, and increases natural skin tone. Ask our highly trained practitioner for a Facial Renewal consultation.
- Muscular, Skeletal and Neurological Disorders: low back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, osteo-arthritis, joint pain, muscle aches and pains, numbness and tingling, injuries, headaches, migraine headaches, post-stroke conditions, multiple sclerosis, TMJ, carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Skin Disease: psoriasis, eczema, scars, lichen planus, alopecia areata, dermatitis, severe itchy skin, rosacea, acne, vitiligo, shingles, molluscum.
- Headache Syndromes: Migraine, Tension, Cluster, Sinus Headache.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Acid reflux, indigestion, stomach and bowel pain, nausea and vomiting, IBS, Crohn's and Colitis, diarrhea and constipation.
- Respiratory Disorders: sinusitis, sore throat, asthma and recurrent chest infections, COPD.
- Men and Women's Health: heavy, irregular menstruation, menstrual cramps, PMS, menopausal complaints, endometriosis, infertility, morning sickness, edema, fatigue, low libido, vaginal dryness.
- Immune Disorders: chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sleep and Stress Disorders: Anxiety, insomnia, stress, fatigue, smoking cessation
- Supportive Therapy For Other Chronic Disorders including cancer, post-surgical recovery.
- Visit us on Facebook for updates on current acupuncture research! (Click on Facebook Icon above)
How Long is the Course of Treatment?
Acupuncture involves the patient in a process that restores the body to health gradually over a series of treatments. On average 10 treatments is required. You will notice improvement in your condition within the first 5 treatments.
Old Bridge Acupuncture & Wellness has achieved many successful treatment outcomes in working with patients of all ages and with many different medical histories, included complicated ones. Please don't lose hope for your health condition. We'll give you an honest assessment of whether you can stand to benefit from our services. Call us today to start your path to wellness!