Our Unique Combination of Potent, Time Tested Natural Therapies Bring the Body to Heal Itself
- Old Bridge Acupuncture & Wellness is dedicated to providing you with a comprehensive, holistic approach to healing the mind, body and spirit. Old Bridge Acupuncture addresses both long term and short term illness with a compassionate and knowledgeable model of care. We expect that the care you receive will be among the best integrative care available. One of the things that sets us apart at Old Bridge Acupuncture & Wellness is that we seek out a root cause of your health problem - and then work together to restore health and balance by using a combination of natural therapies below.
- We Use Acupuncture Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used forms of medicine in the world. Specific points on the body are utilized to restore function and well being (Includes Electro- acupuncture and moxibustion). Our acupuncturist is an expert in treating both complex and simple presentations of disease. Please see the "Who we help" page for more information on conditions that we specialize in. Fact: Age is not an issue when it comes to acupuncture; newborns to the young at heart are successfully treated by this fantastic medicine.
- We Use Herbal Medicine Our highly trained and licensed herbalist offers a safe, effective and powerful alternative to pharmaceutical drugs for a variety of health conditions, including skin disease, gastro intestinal complaints, allergies, menopause and chronic fatigue, among others Our practitioner has directly apprenticed with world experts in herbal medicine. Let's talk herb quality for a moment. Where you get your herbal medicine matters. We use an herbal pharmacy in New York City, available by prescription only. Do you?
- We Use Cupping Therapy Cupping therapy utilizes a small amount of suction on the surface of the skin to relieve musculo-skeletal stiffness and pain. Perfect for athletes, overuse injuries and restoring joint mobility. Many claim to offer cupping therapy nowadays, but are they highly trained? Our expert knows when and where to deploy cupping therapy to get you feeling better FAST.
- We Use Myofascial Release (Gua Sha) Myofascial release therapy, or Gua Sha, is a massage technique performed with a specialized tool that enhances circulation and regulates skin and muscle/ tendon systems. It relaxes tight muscles, softens tendons and to relieves upper respiratory disorders. Believe you may suffer from a connective tissue or tendon disorder? Ask our expert if Gua Sha is right for you. We'll seamlessly integrate it into your treatment plan.
- We Use Traditional Bodywork (Tui Na) Traditional bodywork is a fantastic way to relieve tight muscles (trigger points) and restore mobility after years of pain and limited range of motion. Should your case require it, we will integrate traditional bodywork therapy seamlessly into your treatment plan.
- We Use Dietary Therapy We will create a custom dietary plan for you to get your body back on the path to wellness. Eating junk food all day? Not going to help you recover from IBS. We'll make specific recommendations that are tailored to YOUR case, not someone else's, that will get you feeling better fast.
How Long is the Course of Treatment?
We will create an individualized (not cookie cutter) treatment plan that restores your body to health gradually over a series of treatments. We will utilize the above services seamlessly to get your body back to health.
Old Bridge Acupuncture & Wellness has achieved many successful treatment outcomes in working with patients of all ages and with many different medical histories, included complicated ones. Please don't lose hope for your health condition. We'll give you an honest assessment of whether you can stand to benefit from our services. Call us today to start on your bridge to wellness!